The North Tahoe Event Center is owned and operated by the North Tahoe Public Utility District. This lakefront facility in the heart of Kings Beach offers wedding, meeting, conference, and event space for up to 350 guests. In addition, the Event Center also hosts many local events and fundraisers.
The North Tahoe Event Center is also the home of many recreation classes within our District including:
- Jazzercise combines elements of easy to follow jazz dance moves, strength training, pilates, yoga, kickboxing and more for a total body workout for people of every age and fitness level.
- Monday - Saturday - 8:45 - 10:00 AM, Tuesday/Thursday - 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Call Ginny for more information (530) 546.7745.
- Classes are taught by Shari Beard who has been gratefully teaching yoga at the North Tahoe Event Center since 2002. Shari has a strong foundation in alignment based Hatha yoga. She loves to share how the practice of asana and meditation supports us in living from the heart. She is passionate about building community (Kula) and do not be surprised if you end up at a potluck on the beach or going out to dinner after class with the group. For more information visit sharibeardyoga.com or call (530) 318.4065. Also like us on Facebook Kings Beach Yoga Kula and Shari Beard Yoga.
- Tuesday - 5:45 - 7:15 PM; Thursday - 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
These classes are available for drop in. We are always looking for experts to teach classes at the North Tahoe Event Center. Contact us if you are interested.
6 weeks of intensive diet and exercise training in a friendly, small, group fitness environment. In our small bootcamp sessions you can expect to get more attention from the trainer then a big group fitness camp, while stretching your dollar for more workouts than you could get for the same amount spent on one on one training. Training sessions will include a blend of training modalities, including high intensity interval training, circuits, weights, plyometrics, body weight, stretching and more. Participants who adhere to the program can expect weight loss, toning and improvement in balance, cardiovascular fitness, strength, power and flexibility. 6 week Fitcamp participant also receive a fitness assessment at the beginning and end of the class sessions.
Training begins September 4th. Classes are held Monday through Friday, 6am to 7am, 7:15am to 8:15am, or 8:30 to 9:30am. Sign up for the class you will attend most, but move freely between available class times once class begins. 6 week participants should plan to make a minimum of 3 sessions per week and be present on the first day of class at your chosen time.
To inquire or for more info email email@example.com
The Recreation and Parks Commission has chosen the Community Garden as a focus for 2017. They are looking for volunteers that want to be involved in the community garden going forward. Please visit our Contact page and let us know if you are interested in participating.
The North Tahoe Public Utility District provides funding to the Boys and Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe (BGCNLT) which allows the BGCNLT to provide recreation program for youth in the community as well as to leverage other grant funding. The annual grant from the NTPUD is approximately $115,000 and funds sports and leagues, after school recreation programs, Summer at the Club, Day Camp, Teen Day Camp, special camps, recreational family events and additional recreational events through other Club partners.
Explore all that North Tahoe has to offer! From equipment rentals to guided trips to custom-tailored adventures, our outdoor adventure concessionaire companies will show you how to play like a local. Learn more about outdoor adventures in North Tahoe.